Oomph is currently looking for a Project Manager to work alongside our design, development and client services teams. In addition to spearheading client deliverables, Oomph’s Project Managers are enthusiastic problem solvers who possess a solid understanding of user experience, information architecture, and content management systems, and also contribute strategically to the overall development process.
Project Managers are responsible for leading efforts to deliver web development projects with project teams of two to five. Project Managers may also serve as “lead” on large client accounts, working closely with the Account Management team to nurture long-term client relationships. In all instances, Project Managers deliver projects on-time and within the established estimate, have excellent documentation experience and technical knowledge, and are both internally team-focused and externally client-facing as required.
Project Managers work on-site in the Providence, RI office.
- Manage multiple medium and large-scale projects, coordinating timelines and task assignments
- Work closely with clients to understand requirements and translate them into project plans
- Work with design, development and PM teams to ensure projects are properly staffed and workloads are balanced
- Communicate with project stakeholders from discovery through deployment, leading weekly or sometimes daily client meetings
- Organize and track open issues, project tasks, and milestones
- Provide regular updates on the health of projects to internal stakeholders
- Develop strong working relationships with client contacts, built on trust and follow-through
- Identify project risks, manage client expectations and control project scope
- Assist business development team in scoping and estimating new client projects
- At least three years of successful hands-on experience managing web development projects
- Solid understanding of the technologies that power digital solutions including content management systems
- Strong ability to juggle tasks and projects
- Demonstrated ownership attitude with results-driven focus
- Proven leadership skills with experience guiding small teams
- Superior communication skills with ability to smartly temper tone/response as needed
- Experience with JIRA, Drupal, or WordPress a plus
- Desire to work with a talented team of individuals in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
Oomph, Inc., was founded in 2007 and has become a premier choice for global media companies and pioneering brands seeking first class content engagement solutions, including NBC Universal, New England Journal of Medicine, Spotify, Baileys, American Media Inc., TurboTax and Zumba Fitness. Oomph has offices in Boston, Massachusetts and Providence, Rhode Island. Oomph is a responsible, green company that offers a great work environment, casual dress, and flexible hours that include limited work from home opportunities. Oomph is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly support diversity in the workplace.
How to Apply
Please send an email explaining why you believe you are a fit for the position with your résumé attached to email@example.com.